The 2022 Supercar season is already underway, and what a season it promises to be! We cannot wait for the schedule to be packed again. And of course, to finally see the Grand Prix return in April.
Let’s take a look at everything we need to know about the 2022 Repco Supercars Championship.
What’s new in 2022?
- This will be the first Supercars Championship under new ownership of Racing Australia Consolidated Enterprises Ltd.
- Sydney hosts the opening event for the first time since 1999.
- All rounds will be held between March and November.
- 6 events will return for the first time since 2019.
- The ‘fastest lap’ rule will remain at the Sprint events, however the driver now only receives the points if they also finish in the top 15 places.
- The new Gen3 models, due for their competitive debut in 2023, will be on show, cranking out test laps at various events.